1. Workout: Opting out of peak hour traffic in favour of a workout will not only save you stress, but also help you start your evening on a healthy note. If your energy levels are low at the end of a working day, opt for lees intensive yoga, swimming or Pilates.
2. Slip into something more comfortable: When you get home, swapping your heels for more comfortable flats will help you transition out of your always-on work mindset.
3. Clear your mind through meditation: Restore your inner calm with a healthy session of meditation.
4. Walk your pet: Spending time with a furry friend is a great way to unwind after a long day. A quick trail walk or run through your neighbourhood in silence will help you calm your mind and re-focus on what’s important.
5. Treat yourself to a DIY spa: If you can’t afford to book the real thing, treat yourself to an at-home face mask or manicure.
6. Treat yourself to an aromatherapy bath: Relaxing in a hot bath, infused with a few drops of lavender oil, will help you unwind, soothe aches and stimulate blood circulation.
7. Read a good book: Avoid the TV or computer before bedtime, as studies indicate that over-stimulation from electronics provide can hinder your sleep. Instead, turn off your phone and pick up an interesting book.
8. Drink a cup of delicious hot tea: Indulge in a peppermint or chamomile tea just before bedtime to help you slip into a dreamless sleep.
WHAT DO YOU DO TO UNWIND AFTER A HECTIC DAY? LEAVE YOUR COMMENT BELOW.